Friday, January 14, 2005

My other hobby is beckoning

I'm going to stop now, because I want to get another Amazon review done before I turn in for the night.

Reviewing for amazon could be quite a pissing contest, but I'm happy with my current ranking of 450-ish. Time was I was up in the three hundreds, but I left off for several months and nearly fell out of the top 500. The type of reviews that have garnered me the most votes are reviews for anti-communist history books. I think I'm still the top rated reviewer for The Black Book of Communism, in fact.

But I like to range all over the place, though mostly I keep to nonfiction. I know of some reviewers who wrote about seemingly everything they ever read, then reviewed all the music in their cd collection, then their favorite movies, and then just dried up. Not me. The reading life is a constant voyage of discovery, and I love sharing it with others. Much more than noodling away at some blog...

My review page
, which I really should learn how to permanently post off to the side, here.